|| IMPRES 8a) Procurement Option Brochure
|Section 8(a) of the Small Business Act (15 U.S.C. 637(a)) was established by Congress to empower the Small Business Administration (SBA) with the ability to enter into all types of contracts with other agencies, tailored to Small Disadvantaged Businesses (SDB). Governed by the Code of Federal Regulations (13CFR - Section 124), all federal agencies are encouraged to utilize the 8(a) Sole Source procurement vehicle to not only promote the small business infrastructure, but benefit from cost and time savings.
The 8(a) Sole Source enables agencies to engage in direct buy contracts with certified contractors. There is no need for Jutifications & Approvals (J&A) when using the 8(a) Sole source vehicle, which provides agencies with a simplified and shortened acquisition process, while obtaining the best market value for each item procured.
Why Use 8(a)?
- Faster acquisition process - no long term RFI/RFQ/RFP processes
- Considerably less paperwork, manpower, and expense managing a procurement order
- Procure exact, tested, and desired solutions - no brand name or equal solutions
- Purchases count towards agency’s SBA procurement goals
- Competitive pricing already established with IMPRES
Simplified Acquisition efforts do not require a Technical proposal; the CO sends RFQ to IMPRES requesting cost proposal; upon receipt, CO negotiates A. cost and terms with IMPRES.
- Contact your sales rep at IMPRES to assist in working up your technical requirements.
- IMPRES will provide you with a Small Business 8(a) Budgetary Estimate.
- Contact your Contracting Officer and provide them with your small business 8(a) Budgetary Estimate, purchase request, requirement description, qualifications, point of contact, etc.
- The CO will send an Offering letter to the SBA requesting permission to conduct sole source negotiations with IMPRES (IAW 13CFR124.502).
- Our SBA contact, Betsy Copelan, will confirm eligibility and authorize the sole source negotiation.
- The CO will negotiate a sole source award with IMPRES.
If the estimate exceeds the Simplified Acquisition Threshold, the CO sends RFP to IMPRES requesting technical and cost proposals; upon receipt, CO B. negotiates cost and terms with IMPRES.
After negotiations are completed, a contract award is issued to IMPRES for execution. The SBA contact will receive a copy of the executed document.
For more information on how you can take advantage of those benefits, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.